Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Legitimate Post (pound-sign) 1

Recently my friend Adam lent me a stack of books that create "the Sandman" Universe. I cannot hell you when the last time I was so addicted to a world (other than out own). It is entriguing and ensaring and even when I find myself elsewhere I think about it and wish I was curled up somewhere quiet and unreachable slowly plodding through imperfect drawings attempting to illustrate a sublime universe. Truly, truly sublime.

I am also re-reading Scott McCloud's "Making Comics." It is a truly wonderful book useful for illustrators, story tellers and all those just plain interested in literary criticism. I have never seen so pure and perfect an examination of a form of literature. Truth be told I am re-examining it in order to better improve one of my current projects "Drugs and violence." (but that is all hush-hush and ask me in person si quieres mas).

I have also been doing an exceeding amount of figure drawing and spent six hours at it today, and i will spend six hours at it tomorrow. It is improving rapidly and in a manner I have never before experienced. Never before have I regretted going to dartmouth but just to imagine four years of such exponential improvement is impossible! I would be a god amongst men. But enough of my megalomania. Tomorrows night I shall photograph and post my drawings in order that you may all see them.

Oh and a short list:
Good TV shows:
Law and Order (all)
Scrubs (all)
Flight of the Concords (I have only seen one episode but their music is adictive).

or two...
Good Music:
Beastie Boys
Baden Powell
Simon and Garfunkel
Dj Tiesto

3 comments:

T.S. Tang said...

hola adam-
post your new art on this blog!

magnanimusman said...

FUCK YOU BITCH!

magnanimusman said...

FUCK YOU BITCH!